[Digikam-users] digikam with xfce and thunar filemanager

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Sun Jan 10 15:53:55 GMT 2010

On Sunday 10 January 2010, Chris G wrote:
> I use xfce too, I also found I wasn't told what file manager was run
> in digikam.  So I ran dolphin from the command line and compared what
> I saw with what I saw in digikam - the icons are the same, the layout
> is similar, so I concluded that I was looking at dolphin in digikam too.

In my case, I think I am looking at konqueror...  (which I also don't use)

Icons were the same....

Now when I load up a new release of *ubuntu, I always load kubuntu first and
then put XFCE on top.  This gets me all of the KDE apps I might want to use
(Kmail in particular) so I have all the KDE parts to run the control panel.

Will try to get it to run but since it doesn't appear to be directly
executable, it might take some looking.

This is about all I can see for kcontrol:

/usr/share/kde4/apps/kcontrol