[Digikam-users] When to Noise Reduce

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Sun Jan 3 13:11:58 GMT 2010

Am Donnerstag, 24. Dezember 2009 11:58:33 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> With digiKam 1.0.0, i add a new wavelets NR tool, which work in YCbCr
> color space, not in RGB. This want mean taht you can use it when you
> want in your workflow, without to touch colors components (especially
> green, as ols version of this tool do)

I tried this today and it works nicely!

I noticed a lot of blue spots in the black areas and thus set luminance and
Chrominance red to 0, i.e. only used Chrominance blue, yet the blue spots did
not go away. Then I set blue to 0 and red to some value >0 and the blue spots
disappeared.

So here is my dumb question, am I wrong assuming that red should get rid of
the red spots and blue of the blue ones and that there is a bug that those two
are interchanged?

Sven