[Digikam-users] Deleting in Digikam

Andrew Ampers Taylor ampers at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 09:34:41 GMT 2010

I have been having a problem understanding one process of Digikam.

I have been using Lightroom and photoshop for a while and this is one of
three operations I need to move to Linux before I can dump windows totally.
Gimp sorts out Photoshop and I have a feeling your program will sort out
Lightroom.

However I have a large collection of photographs with far too many
duplicates and I am trying to remove them but cannot as it is so unclear (to
me) how to do this.

I have created fingerprints, and searched for duplicates.

I have hundreds of duplicates spread over dozens of folders showing.

I read in the manual that I can go to Delete/Delete All, (yes I have
searched the manual) but I cannot find this command anywhere.

I am using version

digiKam
Version 1.0.0-beta5

I downloaded this from the Ubuntu repository and I am using Ubuntu Karmic
9.10.

And if anyone can help, please spell it out carefully as I won't see my 70th
birthday again!