[Digikam-users] Is Digikam stable on KDE SC 4.4?

Vlado Plaga rechner at vlado-do.de
Sat Feb 27 12:32:43 GMT 2010

Am Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:05:36 +0100 (CET)
schrieb Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de>:

> Hmm, does that mean to get a stable digikam
> one has to install the svn version of the upcoming 4.4.1 ?

As of today, stable digiKam is version 1.1 and that is working well
with KDE 4.3. I'm currently using Debian "unstable" which includes
both (KDE 4.3.4 and digiKam 1.1), and is not that unstable after all
(but still occasionally introduces new problems, of course).

[...]

> I am asking because with my old ubuntu 08.04 it seems
> that I have to go along that route
> (updating is not possible at this point ... ;-( )

Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron"... getting digiKam 1.x to work there might be
difficult indeed. This release did not even include KDE 4 yet!  Why is
updating not possible? Ubuntu 10.04, the next LTS version, is already
knocking at the door (but I'd wait two or three weeks for "beta 1"
before switching to that):

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/LucidLynx/Alpha3/Kubuntu
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidReleaseSchedule

Regards,