[Digikam-users] monochrome tool in batch mode

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Fri Feb 26 19:19:47 GMT 2010

Hi Gilles,

this is good news! I also use the tool a lot and I'll be happy when I can use
it in batch mode. Zzoom possibility is great (and often missed until now, also
in color correction tools etc.) and to include the infrared tool in the bw-
converters is a very good idea, because that's where it really belongs.

But I will have to wait a long time, because I cannot use the svn version and
have to wait for the official Suse release...

However, while talking about the tool, I have a very minor wish: As shown on
your screenshot
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4050/4381347301_7a4a339372_o.png)
the chosen type of filtering is highlighted, that's good - but also the image
thumbnail  itself is overlayed, so it's not possible to quickly see the effect
of all filters, films, tones... in the thumbnails (well in all, except the
chosen one). This also applies to the other tools with thumbnail preview and
it would be nice, if only the text part would be highlighted, but the thumbs
remain un-altered.

My "photo season" just starts again right now, so I will be sitting in front
of a digikam screen for hours and hours again - and again lots of time I will
be thinking: what a great tool!

all the best!

Daniel