[Digikam-users] monochrome tool in batch mode

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 10:07:41 GMT 2010

Daniel,

Good news : In current code from svn (future digiKam 1.2.0 release), i
completed these task about Black and white converter :

- Support of multithreading. If you have multicore computer, image
computation will be faster and GU will not be locked.
- Support of zoomable preview. Yes, you can set convert to B&W
settings and preview result with move and pan feature. Typically, you
can zoom to 100% on image for ex.
- Infrared tool is merged with B&W converter. Ilford SFX200 is
emulated, and i plan to add IR Kodak films too.
- The best : this tool is not included to Batch Queue Manager.

Some screenshots :

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2734/4382405465_cecf0ef4ce_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4050/4381347301_7a4a339372_o.png

Please test and report if something going wrong there. A lots of code
have changed and probably regression are done. Nothing critical i
think, but as usual in software development, you improve something and
some dysfunctions can appears.

If something is missing, let's me hear too. This tool is very
important for me (the most important in fact). I convert all my
pictures in B&W, because i love grayscale view. I'm old analog camera
photograph, and i would to reproduce the dark room feeling here.

My Best

Gilles Caulier