[Digikam-users] Write Metadata takes long time

Daniel Larsson opersonlig_postadress at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 25 20:20:36 GMT 2010

If sqlite3 is slow how about a change to mysql? I have a faint memory that this change was discussed some time ago. I have tested with and without barriers but the "20times slower" is not true on my hardware. Only a few % in difference. A think sqlite3 handles small amounts of data, up to ~30 000 pictures well, but I have over 450 000 pictures on my drives and then its slow, realy slow.

My point here is that not only barriers on or off matters but also the size of the db.

/ D.L.