[Digikam-users] Write Metadata takes long time

Juergen jforum at gmx.com
Tue Feb 23 11:57:06 GMT 2010

Am 22.02.2010 20:52, schrieb Andi Clemens:
> The "20times slower" is only true for my hardware of course, no general
> assumption... :-)
>

> On Monday 22 February 2010 20:47:40 Andi Clemens wrote:
>> What filesystem are you using? All barrier-enabled filesystems will be slow
>> as hell with sqlite3 or in general heavy disk usage.
>>
>> Filesystems that will be 20times slower for example are:
>> EXT4 (barriers on)
>> XFS (barriers on)
>>
>> If you are using one of the above FS, try disabling barriers:
>>
>> EXT4:
>> mount -o defaults,rw,barrier=0,async,noatime,nodiratime
>>
>> XFS:
>> mount -o defaults,rw,nobarrier,async,noatime,nodiratime,logbufs=8
>>
>> Andi

Hi Andi

I use the ext3 filesystem.

And, I have the feeling that it has nothing to do with filesystem
because, as posted in my last mail, if I use exiv2 cmd line the tags are
written fast to my files.

Also, if I write the tags to image my daughter has taken with her Canon
Powershot it goes in a flash.

With these Canon Files digikam has no problems.

Juergen