[Digikam-users] digikam crashes

Martin Senftleben DrMartinus at drmartinus.de
Sun Feb 21 09:18:22 GMT 2010

Hi,

I've recently updated digikam to version 1.1.0 (release 222) on my
OpenSuse 11.2 with KDE 4.4.0, 64 bit, using the "factory" repository.
I'm aware that this contains some risk, yet there are things which
forced me to do the update (also to KDE 4.4.0).
I think since the last update, digikam crashes very, very often. I'm
browsing through my images, evaluate images, use the image editor, but
don't really edit any images (in most cases). It just crashes, once I
have given names to a few images, or rated another, and so on.
Sometimes within a minute after I restarted, sometimes it takes two
minutes of work until it crashes. There seems to be nothing specific
that causes the crash, except that I am using digikam. If I just let
it be in the background, nothing happens to it.

Any suggestions? Or do I have to live with that problem until the next
stable release of OpenSuse?

TIA,

Martin
--
E-Mail digital signiert mit Hilfe von GPG -
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Privacy_Guard