[Digikam-users] digiKam 1.1.0 packages for openSUSE 11.2

Brano branob at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 02:34:54 GMT 2010

On 02/08/2010 11:53 PM, Brano wrote:
> Since I couldn't find backport packages of digiKam 1.1.0 for openSUSE
> 11.2 I've built them myslef.
>
> For the first time ever I've used the openSUSE build service here
> https://build.opensuse.org
>
> To my big surprise building digiKam was easy with few clicks
>
> 1) registered and created package for openSUSE 11.2 (few clicks
> following the template)
> 2) added source files (pointed to .bz2 files URI ...so simple ;))
> 3) uploaded spec file ("borrowed" one from digiKam 1.0.0 from Backports
> src.rpm and just updated version)
>
> That's it folks, if you'd like, the package repository is here:
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/beaujolais:/digiKam/openSUSE_11.2/
>
> FYI: This openSUSE build service is free and can build packages for
> various SUSE distros, Fedora, Debian, RedHat, CentOS, Mandriva and
> xUbuntu ... give it a try ;)
>
> ...I'm hoping to have kipi-plugins 1.1.0 sometime tomorrow
>
> Regards,
> Brano

OK, I've tried kipi-plugins same way ...borrowed specs file from the
KDE:Factory (which is using KDE 4.3.2 (or 4.3.3 not sure), my default
openSUSE is using 4.3.1).
I'm getting following error and can't really get smart of it. ...any
hints appreciated

(few last lines from the compile log attached)

-- Installing:
/usr/src/packages/BUILDROOT/kipi-plugins-1.1.0-15.1.i386/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kipi-plugins/raw_converter_batch.png
+ popd
/usr/src/packages/BUILD/kipi-plugins-1.1.0
+ /usr/lib/rpm/suse_update_desktop_file.sh --project
'home:beaujolais:digiKam / openSUSE_11.2' --project
home:beaujolais:digiKam --basedir /usr/src/packages/SRPMS scangui Scanning
+ /usr/lib/rpm/suse_update_desktop_file.sh --project
'home:beaujolais:digiKam / openSUSE_11.2' --project
home:beaujolais:digiKam --basedir /usr/src/packages/SRPMS expoblending
Graphics Photography
ERROR: suse_update_desktop_file: unable to find expoblending

Usage: suse_update_desktop_file.sh [OPTIONS] <APPLICATION> [CATEGORIES]

       <APPLICATION>             : The name of the desktop file.
                                   Example: use "qbrew" to edit
qbrew.desktop
                                   If APPLICATION has multiple desktop
files, try the exact path
                                   to the desktop file.
                                   Example: use "%suse_update_desktop_file \

%{buildroot}%{_datadir}/susehelp/meta/%name/%name.desktop"
                                   to edit the susehelp desktop entry
file instead.
       -u|--unimportant          : add "X-SuSE-Unimportant=true" to the
resulting desktop
                                   file.
       -n|--no-i18n              : Do not prepare the desktop file for
translators (obsoletes -t).
                                   (adds X-SuSE-translate=false to the
desktop file)
       -t|--trim-i18n            : Trim translations (desktops will use
gettext to find them)
                                   otherwise upstream translations are
preferred.
       -i|--install              : Install an existing desktop file in
/usr/share/applications/
                                   The to be installed desktop file can
be located in:
                                   - RPM_SOURCE_DIR or
                                   - RPM_BUILD_DIR
                                   A referenced icon file (ending *.png;
*.xpm) is installed in
                                   /usr/share/pixmaps/ automatically if
it is located in one of the
                                   directories mentioned above
(-maxdepth 1).
       -r|--reset                : Reset the "Categories" line in an
existing desktop file.
                                   Normally, categories mentioned in an
existing desktop file will be
                                   obtained. Additional categories from
commandline are added.
       -d|--docid <string>       : Add "X-SuSE-DocTeamID=<string>" to
the desktop file.
       -D|--docpath <path>       : Add "DocPath=<path>" to the desktop
file - do not guess it
                                   automatically.
       -c|--create <name>        : Create a new desktop file in
/usr/share/applications/<name>.desktop .
desktop file.
desktop file.
       -G|--genericname <string> : Use <string> as
"GenericName=<string>" in desktop file.
       --basedir <path>          : needed only for -t; normally %_srcrpmdir
       --project <string>        : set some default values for <string>
if any.

+ exit 1
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.IDoLGS (%install)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.IDoLGS (%install)
mount: / is busy
System halted.