[Digikam-users] broken tags?

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Fri Feb 5 18:18:52 GMT 2010

> ok, like I've posted a few days ago I moved from my old to a new
> machine. On the new one runs digikam 0.10.0. So I took my external
> USB-Drive with my photo-collection as local collection in the settings.
> Perhaps this was the fault....
>
> After rebooting the usb-drive was remounted with another mountpoint.
> I've corrected the settings in digikam. Some hours later I noticed new
> tags. This tags I' ve never put in (big ben, britain...) Some of my tags
> are gone, together with subtags... Several tags are unchanged, some tags
> are there but in another position.
>
> Perhaps digikam found an older digikamdb? The path to digikam.db
> is /home/uhai/Bilder on the HDD. In this directory are some files and
> digikam4.db and digikam4.db-journal. Both with date 04.02.2010...
>
> >>From digikam4.db I got a backup from last week. So I can get all tags
>
> back. But I want to understand.... and avoid a repition.

I cannot tell for sure what happened. 0.10.0 is pretty old, I dont know any
more which bugs it had. Probably the images where newly scanned, on some of
them had tags written to the metadata which you had not imported before. Some
photos will be recognized when scanning by a hash as already present in the
database, for others it may have failed.