[Digikam-users] broken tags?

Uwe Haider uwe.haider at gmx.net
Thu Feb 4 21:55:54 GMT 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 04.02.2010, 18:20 +0100 schrieb Marcel Wiesweg:
> > Working with digikam 0.10.0 I've configured my USB_Drive with all my
> > pictures as local collection (is this the english expression?).
> >

> What did you do to reach the state of "Now"?
> Please give us some examples what has happened.

ok, like I've posted a few days ago I moved from my old to a new
machine. On the new one runs digikam 0.10.0. So I took my external
USB-Drive with my photo-collection as local collection in the settings.
Perhaps this was the fault....

After rebooting the usb-drive was remounted with another mountpoint.
I've corrected the settings in digikam. Some hours later I noticed new
tags. This tags I' ve never put in (big ben, britain...) Some of my tags
are gone, together with subtags... Several tags are unchanged, some tags
are there but in another position.

Perhaps digikam found an older digikamdb? The path to digikam.db
is /home/uhai/Bilder on the HDD. In this directory are some files and
digikam4.db and digikam4.db-journal. Both with date 04.02.2010...

>From digikam4.db I got a backup from last week. So I can get all tags
back. But I want to understand.... and avoid a repition.

uhai