[Digikam-users] Re: Albums on USB and the database

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Thu Dec 23 17:16:27 GMT 2010

> I wasn't aware of the removable drive option when I first installed digikam
> and now I cannot find an option for changing it from Local to Removable.
> But it may not work on my version anyway because if I create a collection
> (call it Abcdef) using the removable media button then when I next go into
> settings the Abcdef collection is  listed under Local collections and
> captions still disappear if I run digikam with the Abcdef drive removed.

Then there's probably something deeper broken, we get hardware information
from KDE Solid which reads it from HAL (udev in the future), so if HAL fails,
digikam is blind.

> Could I upgrade while still keeping the same OS version (SUSE 11.1)?

Can't tell you if there's a working package. If anyone has packaged digikam on
the build service, probably.
Note: We are at 1.7 now, seven versions after 0.10.0.