[Digikam-users] Re: Newb discovers the perils of "endorsed" PPAs!

Hevï Guy heviiguy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 16:14:48 GMT 2010

Thanks again, Mark.

Before reading your message I had already done *almost* what you've
suggested (as can be seen in my subsequent post). Going back to the
"safe" ubuntu repository is appealing but, would I not be faced with the
same initial exiv2 problem? Or, does installing the new .debs "fix" the
relatively ancient ubuntu package?

* I'm going to include the "purge" script in my notebook of handy-dandy
linux code. Thanks!