[Digikam-users] Albums on USB and the database

Graham Dicker graham.dicker at antecor.com
Mon Dec 20 17:08:05 GMT 2010

I am using Digikam 0.10.0 on SUSE 11.1 with albums on an external USB drive
and the database on the internal hard drive. If I forget to turn the USB drive
on before running Digikam then it removes all the captions and probably other
things from the database and I have to restore the database from backup. I
don't want to store the captions in the photo files. Is there a sensible way
to deal with this problem? Should I store the database on the USB drive as
well? Or maybe there's a way to move the collection from "Local Collections"
to "Collections on removable media" and if so would that solve the problem? Or
something else?

Thanks in advance

Graham Dicker