[Digikam-users] Re: Help! Installation of new exiv2 2.0??

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Sun Dec 19 12:21:20 GMT 2010

Hi,

I read your last message, but unfortunately I delete it by mistake, so I
answer by this way.
Le Sat, 18 Dec 2010 05:37:59 +0100, Hevï Guy <heviiguy at gmail.com> a écrit:

I understand building from source is not an easy way to update, and it's
hard to wait 6 months before getting a new release with the hope the
annoying bugs will be fixed.

But I don't think the "compile masters" see us as annoying little guys,
but they can't solve everything for us, particularly if something is not
depending upon them (here the update policy of Ubuntu).

So, may be you could expose your actual matter instead of just saying you
have some. May be explain what you have did and what was this fedora
tips...

There's some hopes for Ubuntu future Update policy as Mark Shuttleworth
says his will to see more dynamic update in Ubuntu for some components in
the future, and not maintaining this version block for all components as
actual. But for the moment it's just words.

--
Nicolas Boulesteix
Photographe chasseur de lueurs