[Digikam-users] Re: Help! Installation of new exiv2 2.0??

Hevï Guy heviiguy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 11:49:55 GMT 2010

Salut Gilles. Thank you very much for your almost immediate response!

Yes, I used a precompiled  version via
http://ppa.launchpad.net/ferramroberto/digikam/ubuntu . I had no choice
because the entire building-from-scratch exercise is very foreign to me.
This is the second component of my very frustrating dilemma: I've no
idea how to roll my own package! So, while I certainly appreciate your
kind assistance thus far Gilles, what I really need is some detailed
step-by-step guidance for what many in this forum would find to be a
ridiculously simple thing to do.  Many thanks in advance!