[Digikam-users] Re: Help. My wife demands access to our images. (Windows, network access, multi user)

Knut Krause knut.krause at lagom.de
Fri Dec 10 17:39:00 GMT 2010

Well, does your wife need digiKam? You could just install samba and share your
images as a network drive (maybe read only?).

If she want to use digikam:
Can she use linux too? If not install digikam under windows and use the images
via network share.

If she want's to use the digiKam databse too:
I got no real clue about the storage in digiKam. Maybe it's storing whole
paths as amarok does … then it would be the best to mount the files on the same
path on every client which is quite hard with linux/windows :/ Maybe give her
just read only access to your digikam db and see if it's going to brake smth?

Knut