[Digikam-users] Re: Help. My wife demands access to our images. (Windows, network access, multi user ALSO NAS)

Jim Dory james at dorydesign.com
Fri Dec 10 17:29:54 GMT 2010

This may not be your case but I have a NAS box (older ReadyNAS - now
from Netgear) that my wife and I share photos on. I use linux and
Digikam, she uses an IMac and probably Bridge from Adobe or something.
I also use Photoshop so also use Bridge while working in a virtual
machine's WinXP on my linux box.

So these photos are all being shared or accessed by linux, windows,
and mac, with no problems I've found yet. As long as she doesn't use a
program that reorganizes the image directories or locations, it seems
no problem. I tag photos with Digikam, and the tags are useable when
I'm in Bridge. I only use Bridge because it came with Photoshop CS3
and when I want to open an image in Photoshop I know thru Bridge where
it is. Or sometimes I have Digikam open on another virtual desktop and
don't need Bridge open.

/jd