[Digikam-users] At boot: 8 digiKams!

John B. Egger jbe9 at cornell.edu
Tue Dec 7 14:25:20 GMT 2010

When I turned the computer on this morning, 2 instances of Digikam
started, with "scanning collections, please wait..." messages. I decided
to read some email, and then noticed that there were now 8 instances
running! (digiKam<8>, etc.) I started to work through them, Quitting
them when there was nothing under "My Albums." The last one remaining
happened to be digiKam <5> but it switched to simply "digiKam" and I was
delighted to see my albums, complete with tags and captions, appearing
under "My Albums."

Is digiKam looking on my backup drives for .db files and opening digiKam
to handle them? On my two permanently connected backup hard disks there
probably ARE eight old digikam.db files. (In just one backup directory I
found one from 2005, and a digikam3.db from 2007). The albums I'm using
are in /home/john/Pictures and I use rsync to back up /home/john to two
internal hard disks.

If so, should I rename those files in some way that digiKam does not
recognize them as database files? Any other suggestions for this newbie?

--
---John
Registered Linux User #291592