[Digikam-users] Re: Store image as AdobeRGB

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Wed Dec 1 21:17:37 GMT 2010

> I now set up digiKam using AdobeRGB as workspace color profile. If I save
> my images (as jp2/tiff) the color tab (ICC-Profile) says later it's a sRGB
> image. What do I have to do to store the image in AdobeRGB, too?

Normally, it should just be done.
Currently, I'm getting a crash when trying to save an ICC profile in Jpeg2000
and I see a comment in the source that this probably does not work. Gilles?

Did you try saving to JPG or PNG?

> Short other question: My printing service wants to have the image as jpg
> file. Does it affect the image quality much to store the image once as jpg
> with 100% quality?

Just compare by yourself, for example on the light table. JPEG is rather old,
but still pretty good. It's developed for compression loss not to be
visible...