[Digikam-users] Transferring image files and database to new hard drive

jag59 jldeshpande at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 19:54:32 BST 2010

Andreas Tono wrote

"Think about the timestamps for each file in the filesystem.
If digikam keeeps that also in the database you may get a problem.

On Linux i would use the rsync command.
rsync -a sourcedir targetdir "

Thanks for your post.
Long back I had done some rearrangements on my hard disk and now I think
1) I didn't move the 'photos' directory,but moved 'backup of photos'
directory from smaller partition to bigger one.
2) This 'backup of photos' directory was not in Digicam's
'collections',hence did not make any difference for me.
3) I made more space for 'photos' directory by moving 'other than photos'
stuff from that partition to other partition.

@Darren Kirby...pl. excuse me if I have caused any inconvenience to
you....that was never my intention....but sometimes it may happen in the
enthusiasm of helping the fellow beings....any how I shall be more conscious
while posting hereafter.

Regards.

-----
Jagdeesh Deshpande.