[Digikam-users] Fix for Crash saving JPEG and PNG in WinVista64 - libjpeg.dll??

Steven Zegas oaklandz at usa.net
Sun Aug 29 07:02:01 BST 2010

I have a crash in Showfoto every time I try to save JPEG (and PNG). I
realize this is an old issue, but I cannot find a fix. Is there a fix??

 From reading the blogs and bugzilla, I believe the issue is related
to LIBJPEG.dll.
http://osdir.com/ml/windows.gnu.user/2006-12/msg00008.html However,
this .dll is not installed in my system (in any of the installation
attempts I did; at least with this filename.)

I am using KDE Win Installer - I tried various mirrors, several
versions of KDE, several versions of Digikam/Showfoto, and all
compiler options. I am always getting the same crash. (Some packages
install OK and the application does launch; some installations do not
launch - that is another issue.)

My installation is:
Showfoto Version 1.1.0
compilerType=2
MirrorWithReleasePath=http://mirror.cc.columbia.edu/pub/software/kde/stable/4.4.0/win32/

Windows crash information:
   Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
   Application Name:	showfoto.exe
   Application Version:	0.0.0.0
   Application Timestamp:	4b7852aa
   Fault Module Name:	ntdll.dll
   Fault Module Version:	6.0.6002.18005
   Fault Module Timestamp:	49e03824
   Exception Code:	c0000005
   Exception Offset:	00038e7c
   OS Version:	6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Here is the component information:
ShowFoto version 1.1.0
Exiv2 can write to Jp2: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Jpeg: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Pgf: No
Exiv2 can write to Png: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Tiff: Yes
Exiv2 supports XMP metadata: Yes
LibCImg: 130
LibExiv2: 0.18.1
LibJPEG: 62
LibJasper: 1.900.1
LibKDE: 4.4.00 (KDE 4.4.0)
LibKExiv2: 1.0.0
LibKdcraw: 1.0.0
LibLCMS: 118
LibPGF: 6.09.44
LibPNG: 1.2.35
LibQt: 4.6.1
LibRaw: 0.8.5
LibTIFF: LIBTIFF, Version 3.8.2 Copyright (c) 1988-1996 Sam Leffler
Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
Marble widget: 0.9
Parallelized demosaicing: No