[Digikam-users] Albums: how do you organize them?

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Fri Apr 30 07:13:19 BST 2010

Le Wed, 28 Apr 2010 23:18:57 +0200, Sebastian Schubert
<schubert.seb at googlemail.com> a écrit:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just curious how you organize your albums in digikam. My idea is not
> just use the date -- I can get that automatically -- but to have albums
> like
> that Party / Peter's Birthday 50th or holidays / 2010 Prague etc.
>
> Maybe there are still better ideas out there.
>
> Anyway, a bit off topic, this is my general workflow with bibble and
> geotag for
> digikam:
>
> http://nablasquared.wordpress.com/2010/04/23/raw-workflow-with-geotag-bibble-
> and-digikam/
>
> Comments also appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> Sebastian

Hi,

Personally, I use exiftool to import my NEF pictures from memorycard. It
uses only one command line to do this and it organize my NEF files like
this :

NefFolder/Year/month/>my pictures renamed like :
nb-photos-year-month-day_hours-minutes-seconds(+ an eventual number to
differentiate photos taken the same second).

As I shoot the most of the time landscape and "non-events" pictures, the
family, birthday, etc, are outside of this folder, and not very much
organized. For the main part of the photos, in the ideal scheme, I use
firstly digikam to view all my pictures, at this time I delete the worse,
and eventually, give some star to the best ones.

If the pictures are linked to a particular place, I geotag their (all
photos, not only these with star) with digikam, and add a tag of this kind
:
/country/NameOfTheCountry/NameOfTheRegion/NameOfTheDepartment/NameOfTheTown/NameOfThePlace

I don't use all steps each time (especially, region and department are
only used for location in France, Town is use only when I'm in one...
etc...)

And after, I use some tag for particular kind of picture like... Insects,
Trees, Lanscape, Flower, etc...
--
Nicolas Boulesteix - Chasseur de lueurs - http://www.photonoxx.fr