[Digikam-users] Highlight SOURCE images so they can be protected/avoided

Jim Dory james at dorydesign.com
Wed Apr 21 07:47:08 BST 2010

Might not work for you but I pretty much always create a subdirectory to the
raws for worked on files. Workflow is download from cam the raws - naming
the folder the date I download them or date taken if only from one day of
shooting. I then convert cr2 raws to DNG raws using Adobe's Raw Converter
and remove the cr2 files to a backup disk. I do this mostly for tagging
reasons. Then create a subfolder called something like "reduced" or "jpegs".
Then any edited files get stuck in that subdirectory. So it is a bit of
fiddling. Haven't explored how to get tags from tagged DNGs to automatically
go to jpegs or whatever format yet, if possible.

As an aside - I really liked the feature that, when creating a new album,
gave it the date for a folder name automatically. Seems that it doesn't do
that anymore after a couple upgrades. But I'm just finally going through the
manual - maybe there is a setting.

cheers, Jim