[Digikam-users] Managing raw and jpeg at the same time?

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at volny.cz
Tue Apr 20 19:52:36 BST 2010

Martin (KDE) píše v Út 20. 04. 2010 v 07:48 +0200:

> Hadmut Danisch schrieb:
> >     * In those cases where I am not happy with the raw, I'd like to use
> >       ufraw and write a ufraw file with the corrections and parameters
> >       I'd like to use. This means that there is not a second picture
> >       file, just something that generates a second picture when called
> >       with ufraw-batch. Again, should export and keep IPTC and XMP, but
> >       that time should appear as a separate image with a separate
> >       thumbnail in digikam.
> >

> > Any way to achieve that?
> >

> I don't know any automatic way of this. There is much handwork in the
> pictures anyway, so the little copy actions is done without increasing
> the time that much. I currently use some scripts to handle some of my
> most used parts automatically. Currently I don't know digikams
> batch-system very well - I don't know if this is possible with it as well.

In digiKam, one can select target image, go to Image / Metadata / Import
Exif and select the source image in the file listing dialog. Then do the
same for XMP or IPTC... Target metadata are overwritten. Good for one
image, but not for an every day work.

My target is simple "copy all metadata" and "paste metadata", preferably
via keyboard short-cut. I do not know how to do achieve this in digikam,
hence I plan to do so via Nautilus scripts.

regards,

Milan Knizek
knizek (dot) confy (at) volny (dot) cz
http://www.milan-knizek.net - About linux and photography (Czech