[Digikam-users] Langage is very important

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Tue Apr 13 13:22:33 BST 2010

On Tuesday 13 April 2010 12.18:39, Marc Deop i Argemí wrote:
> On Friday April 9 2010 00:23:36 dantou_9 wrote:
> > Yet, if english is, today, the universal and comercial language
> > , french was in the same position 150 years before, like roman, italian,
> > grec and others language.
>
> And as such, everybody who wanted to comunicate learnt the universal
>  language of the time ;)

if its about the universal language then we'd better start comunicating in
chinese! También a mi me gusta mucho el castellano! Am aifachschte wär für mi
natürlig Baseldütsch.

I guess english is losing very much by being the international language,
because it's used by persons, like me, who are totally limited in their
grammars and vocabulary. So a "minimum standard" gets established and I see
that even native english speaking people get used to a kind of primitive basic
language. SMS does its part in this too.

Well, thats all very OT, I'll go back to my work with great digiKam now - I
just couldn't resist throwing in my 11 cents (2 cents + taxes).

have a nice day everybody

Daniel
my new blog: http://www.guapamania.com/wordpress/