[Digikam-users] DocumentName tag and autorotate when importing

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 12:47:40 BST 2010

2010/4/7 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>:
> 2010/4/7 Jonas Norlander <jonorland at gmail.com>:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I just saw one thing with the metadata added when importing and has
>> the auto rotate option activated. If the picture is rotated during
>> import the metadata tags DocumentName, ImageWidth and ImageLength is
>> added. For the pictures not rotated this tags is not added. Can
>> someone else verify this?
>>
>> For me the DocumentName tag is really handy is it contains the
>> original filename before renamed during import and i would like to see
>> it added for all files imported.
>
> well, if file are not touched during import, metadata still as well...
>
> When autorotating is performed, metadata need to be adjusted (as image
> size). This is why DocumentName is added.

Ok!

But in my case the metadata is touched as i have a metadata template
added when importing, shouldn't the DocumentName tag be added in that
case?
Anyhow as I wrote the DocumentName tag could be useful even if the
image is not rotated or changed and I think it should be added for all
pictures when importing/renaming or do I missunderstand the purpose of
the tag?

/ Jonas