[Digikam-users] problem connecting with Canon Powershot

N Fuller nfuller at netwood.net
Mon Apr 5 04:26:03 BST 2010

Running Digikam 1.0.0-beta5 on my new Ubuntu 9.0 distribution, but can
no longer download from my Canon Powershot A 710S, as I could without
any problem when I was running digiKam 0.6.2 on my old Mandrake 10.1.

Keep getting error messages like "error connecting to camera"  "could
not lock the device"  "connection failed" "failed to connect to
camera".  I'm using my camera's cable connected to the USB port as
before, and have tried to list the camera as USB class camera, and as
auto-detect, with no success.

BTW I can download the pix in my old distribution and version of
digiKam, and then move them over to the new digiKam and work with them
just fine, so it seems to be a problem connecting with my camera.

Help?

Nancy