[Digikam-users] Which kde w/ digiKam and kipiPlugins?

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 20:12:58 BST 2010

Gilles Caulier wrote:
> You don't need to compile whole KDE 4.5 to get libkdcraw from trunk.
>
> Here i just checkout kdegraphics/libs which contain libkdcraw, and i
> compile and install it. I'm running Mandriva 2010.0 with KDE 4.3.2.
>
> libkdcraw do not depand of KDE 4.5 in fact. I do not use last techno
> from KDE. It just hosted by KDE core, that all.
>
> Gilles Caulier
>
> 2010/4/3 sean darcy <seandarcy2 at gmail.com>:
>> Gilles Caulier wrote:

>>> yes digiKam from trunk depand of libkdcraw from trunk which is KDE 4.5
>>>
>>> Gilles
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Can I use digiKam from trunk if I replace the libkcdraw directory in
>> kdegraphics 4.4 with the libkdcraw directory from
>> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdegraphics//trunk/KDE/kdegraphics/libs/libkdcraw
>> and then rebuild kdegraphics 4.4 with the updated libkdcraw?
>>
>> I really prefer not to build all of kde 4.5, which requires a lot of new
>> dependencies.
>>
>> sean

For you Fedora users here's what I did to build from trunk:

1. Got kdegraphics/libs from trunk by svn.

2. Got kdegraphics-4.4.1-1.fc12.src.rpm from updates.

3. Ran rpm -i

4. Modified the kdegraphics.spec file to remove the the libs directory
and then copied the libs directory from trunk.

%prep
%setup -q -n kdegraphics-%{version}%{?alphatag}

+rm -rf ./libs
+cp -av  /home/photo/build/digikam/kdegraphics/kdegraphics/libs .

%build

5. rpmbuild --bb the modified spec file

And it worked. Or at least it built, and I could build digikam and
kipi-plugins from trunk.

YMMV.

sean