[Digikam-users] Face recognition

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Tue Sep 29 15:55:30 BST 2009

OpenCV is not that well suited, at least not the last time I used it for the
RemoveRedEyes KIPI plugin. The face detection is not very reliable, so
implementing something from scratch (or using other libraries and techniques)
will be required.

I had to train my own classifier for eyes for my plugin, and still it is not
that reliable. And it is slow, too... face detection / recognition over the
whole digiKam database must be fast, we can not wait minutes for any result
;-)

I don't know yet how to solve this issue, but with the standard algorithms in
OpenCV this might not work very well.

Andi