[Digikam-users] A few questions from a newbie ...

Michael G. Hansen mikeml2 at pfna.de
Fri Sep 25 18:44:32 BST 2009

Gilles Caulier wrote:
>>> 1) I have no mouse and always use a tablet on my computer; with no
>>> scrolling wheel, I don't know how to zoom in/out in order to use the
>>> geolocation capabilities. I tried to access the marble project site at
>>> http://www.edu.kde.org/marble/ but it seems to be unavailable, so I'd
>>> welcome any advice on the matter.
>> Are you talking about the "Map Searches" tab on the left and the
>> "Geolocation" tab on the right? There should be zoom in/out buttons
>> below the map there, looking like a magnifying glass with "+" and "-" in
>> them.
>
> Yes, but only in 1.0.0-beta5, not before... (:=))))
>
> Gilles Caulier
That explains it! But clicking with the middle mouse button on the map
and moving it also changes the zoom... but I guess a stylus does not
have one...

... but "+" and "-" keys also work (they work in plain Marble as well,
so I think this is not a Digikam specific feature). Just make sure the
focus is on the Marble widget (left click it once to be sure).

Wow, 4 ways to change the zoom...

Michael