[Digikam-users] windows infos in photo file

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Fri Oct 2 14:07:46 BST 2009

Hello,
Sorry if this subject was already discussed, but I couldn't find it on
gmane.

1 - You may know that windows (at least from XP) allows user to open a
"properties/summary" window (right clicking on photo) on any jpeg
file, write enabled, so anybody can write there infos about the photo.

Of course this is not standard (as usual for Windows).

It's written in exifs as "windows comment".

Digikam displays it partially in 'image infos", but AFAIK don't allow
to edit it.

Do you have any way to easily edit in in Linux else than running XP in
virtualbox as I do :-(

NB: I have several scanners and several machines, so some scanners are
on windows machines...

2 - I remember some time ago I could edit the "meta data" infos in
Konqueror. Now I can"t anymore. Is it possible to set some config to
allow this?

thanks
jdd

--