[Digikam-users] What's the easiest way to lighten some underexposed pictures?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Fri Oct 2 15:33:35 BST 2009

I have a dozen or so pictures taken with my Fuji S8000fd which are
somewhat dark because I left the camera set on the 'Sunset' position
by mistake.  By the looks of the pictures all that the Sunset setting
does is to underexpose by a stop or so.

What is the *simplest* way to simply lighten the pictures somewhat
using Digikam?  I don't want to spend hours on each image trying to
get the best out of it as they're not incredibly important but it
would be good to just make them a bit better to look at.

If it's relevant I particularly need to lighten the darkest areas a
bit because some of the pictures are of black kittens (they're not "in
a coal cellar" though!).

--
Chris Green