[Digikam-users] Some "Properties" in digikam sidebar are unknown or unavailable

Gautam Iyer gi1242 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 17:01:33 GMT 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 12:26:39PM -0400, Gautam Iyer wrote:

> All my images in digikam show up with a size "unknown".
>
> I'm using KDE 4.3.1 (from Debian testing) and digikam 1.0.0~beta5-1 from
> Debian unstable.  The digikam FAQ seems to address this problem:
>
>     http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/166
>
> and suggests I install kdegraphics-kfile-plugins. Unfortunately this
> looks like a KDE3 package -- For instance the file list at
>
>     http://packages.debian.org/lenny/amd64/kdegraphics-kfile-plugins/filelist
>
> shows a bunch of files in /usr/lib/kde3. Do I still need them when I use
> KDE4? Does anyone know what the KDE4 analogue of this is, and how I can
> get my image properties back in Digikam?

Ok -- I fixed it. It turns out that this was only a problem with
2:1.0.0~beta4-2 from Debian testing. With 2:1.0.0~beta5-1 from sid,
re-reading the image metadata makes the problem go away.

Perhaps a note in the FAQ might help others... (at least a note saying
the kdegraphics-kfile-plugins is only required for KDE3 users).

GI

--
TWELVE REASONS WHY GOD NEVER RECEIVED TENURE
11. Although there were only ten requirements, most students failed his