[Digikam-users] Some "Properties" in digikam sidebar are unknown or unavailable

Gautam Iyer gi1242 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 16:26:39 GMT 2009

Hi All,

All my images in digikam show up with a size "unknown".

I'm using KDE 4.3.1 (from Debian testing) and digikam 1.0.0~beta5-1 from
Debian unstable.  The digikam FAQ seems to address this problem:

    http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/166

and suggests I install kdegraphics-kfile-plugins. Unfortunately this
looks like a KDE3 package -- For instance the file list at

    http://packages.debian.org/lenny/amd64/kdegraphics-kfile-plugins/filelist

shows a bunch of files in /usr/lib/kde3. Do I still need them when I use
KDE4? Does anyone know what the KDE4 analogue of this is, and how I can
get my image properties back in Digikam?

Thanks,

GI

PS: I recently upgraded from digikam-0.9.x, and I'm *really* really
    impressed with the new version. Great job, and thanks a TON!

--
Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be
hard to understand.