[Digikam-users] How to compile in german language translation?

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Wed Oct 21 22:15:39 BST 2009

Hi,
If you have the correct digikam.po, you would compile it;
msgfmt -o digikam.mo digikam.po

This gives a digikam.mo file that should be copied/moved to
the following location;
/usr/share/locale/XX/LC_MESSAGES (most distros, XX being
your langID, e.g. de for german).

This should take care of it, restart Digikam if it was running.

on Ubuntu there is a
/usr/share/locale-langpack/XX/LC_MESSAGES
but I think it's for some packaced apps.

/opt/kde3/share/locale/XX/LC_MESSAGES (kde3 on suse)
Actually only digikam.mo is needed for digikam itself, plus
eventually the bunch of kipiplugins etc.

Your environment should also have your LANG declared.

Hope this is not too confusing.

Sveinn í Felli
Icelandic Digikam translator