[Digikam-users] [solved] Digikam 1: No thumbnails in album view & crash on Settings->Configure digikam

Jan Ott jan.ott at gmx.de
Thu Oct 15 20:33:06 BST 2009

Hi Tim,
thank you for pointing me to the right direction.

tim.jenness schrieb:

> Is beta5 the only version of digikam on your system? Does karmic come
> with 0.10.0 and you've installed beta5 in addition? I think if you
> build a private digikam that it still loads some of the default
> libraries instead of the private libraries. I have a problem at home
> in that the editor won't run up because of a symbol clash. It seems
> that digikam can't load it's private libraries in preference to the
> installed ones.

In fact it turned out that I had manually installed a couple of
libraries (libkdcraw, libkipi, libexiv2) some months ago in
/usr/local/lib and then forgot about them. Later they obviously
interfered with newer versions having been automatically installed to
/usr/lib, causing the problems I described.

> just a guess though.

Not a bad guess - after deleting the files in /usr/local things are
working again and I am looking forward to tagging all the images that
have been in the queue for so long ...

Jan