[Digikam-users] Digikam 1: No thumbnails in album view & crash on Settings->Configure digikam

tim.jenness tim.jenness at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 23:12:26 BST 2009

Is beta5 the only version of digikam on your system? Does karmic come
with 0.10.0 and you've installed beta5 in addition? I think if you
build a private digikam that it still loads some of the default
libraries instead of the private libraries. I have a problem at home
in that the editor won't run up because of a symbol clash. It seems
that digikam can't load it's private libraries in preference to the
installed ones.

just a guess though.

Tim

On Oct 14, 2009, at 12:04 PM, Jan Ott wrote:

> Digikam 1.0.0-beta5, KDE 4.3.2, Kubuntu Karmic beta (AMD 64)
>
> Hi,
>
> Digikam shows no thumbnails in album view and crashes when selecting
> Settings > Configure digikam from the menu bar. Command line output of
> the crash is
>
> digikam: symbol lookup error: digikam: undefined symbol:
> _ZN11KDcrawIface19DcrawSettingsWidget17setAutoBrightnessEb
>
> The complete command line output can be found here:
>
> <http://www.aniunaite-ott.de/pub/digikam.txt>
>
> Database and configuration files in my home directory do not seem to
> cause the problem, as the same thing happens when I start digikam in
> other profiles where it never has been used before.
>
> The problem occured some months ago with the first betas of Digikam 1
> under Kubuntu jaunty. I hoped that I would get rid of it with
> upgrading
> to Karmic, but unfortunately the upgrade did not change anything.
>
> Who can help?
>
> Jan

Tim Jenness