[Digikam-users] Error compiling svn 1031743

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 07:32:21 BST 2009

2009/10/6 Guenther Erhard <guenther.erhard at gmx.de>:
> Salut Gilles,
>
>> There is nothing special there. All is relevant of Qt4, not digiKam.
>> Something is broken on your computer ?
>>
> Hm, I did not change anything in the last week. Last weekend 1029402 compiled without a problem. I've checked out this old version again and it still compiles without an error. So my assumption is that in one of the following versions something must have been modified in the code which requires now maybe a higher version of Qt4 (currently 4.4.3 is installed).
>
> I can remember a similiar effect when the new advanced renaming tool was introduced. At first some code required Qt4.5. Andi Clemens has modified it to enable compilation with Qt4.4.

perhaps, but here:

http://lxr.kde.org/source/extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/dmetadata/captionvalues.h#32

Where you can see your problem :

> Scanning dependencies of target digikamcore
> [  0%] Building CXX object
> digikam/digikam/CMakeFiles/digikamcore.dir/digikamcore_automoc.o
> [  0%] Building CXX object
> digikam/digikam/CMakeFiles/digikamcore.dir/__/libs/dimg/dimg.o
> In file included from /usr/include/QtCore/qdebug.h:42,
>                 from /usr/include/QtCore/QDebug:1,
>
> from /home/guenni/tmp/kde4/graphics/digikam/digikam/../libs/dmetadata/captionvalues.h:32,
>
> from /home/guenni/tmp/kde4/graphics/digikam/digikam/../libs/dmetadata/dmetadata.h:39,
>
> from /home/guenni/tmp/kde4/graphics/digikam/libs/dimg/dimg.cpp:74:

...is a pure Qt4 problem from your computer.

Why ? I don't know.

Try to remove CMakeCache.txt from your root source dir, and restart
cmake to re-configure all. after that, try again...