[Digikam-users] Lost my tag associations after upgrade to digikam 0.10

markus.rohner-beerli at bluewin.ch markus.rohner-beerli at bluewin.ch
Wed Nov 25 15:31:26 GMT 2009

Because my openSUSE 11.0 installation with digikam 0.9 (or so, certainly a digikam3.db) didn't start anymore, I decided
to install openSUSE 11.2. That meant that I had do upgrade to digikam 0.10. When I started digikam 0.10 the first time
I had to give to root folder of my pictures. I did it wrong an my albums and tags weren't there. I corrected the path
(so that it pointed to the correct, old root folder) and removed the digikam4.db. To be on the safe side, I copied the
old digikam3.db to the new, incorrect root folder too.

When I now start up digikam my albums, searches and tag structure are there. BUT none of my pictures have any tags
accociated.

I read that the digikam database is automatically upgraded. In my case obviously not correct.

Is there a way to manually upgrade the database?

How can I restore the tag associations of my pictures?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Markus