[Digikam-users] Import labels tree from external files

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Nov 25 11:55:03 GMT 2009

Hi,

> I'm experimenting with DigKam now in Kubuntu as the the ability to do
> a search by just drawing a polygon on a map would be really useful but
> of course the existing maps lack sufficient scale to accomplish what I
> need.

Did you also try to choose Openstreetmap for the maps
(though I am not sure whether this is already present
in the currently available digikam in kubuntu).

And if there is any detail missing, just contribute
to openstreetmap, see eg
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Beginners'_Guide  ;-)

Best, Arnd