[Digikam-users] New issue with NEF metadata edit and CaptureNX

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Mon Nov 23 14:47:48 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have may be something new !

I have build and  instal Exiv2, Kdegraphics libs, Digikam and Kipiplugins
 from SVN. The first test give the same matters, but continuing tests, I
notice the MakerNotes:colorhue is absent from the edited NEF.

In the original file, this tag is set with the value "MODE3" (case
sensitive), and if I set with exiftool an other value like "mode3" or
anything else than MODE(1,2,or 3), the file can't be opened by CaptureNX,
if i set back MODE(1,2,or 3) value, CaptureNX succed to open it !!

I try to add this tag to a digikam edited Nef file, but exiftool seems to
don't wan't to create this particular, but if I'm copying it from the
original file, I succeed to open it again in CaptureNX.

Now, I have no idea from where come this matter, and I have to verify on
other file if it's working or if if it works only for this particular file.

Kind regards

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Boulesteix - Chasseur de lueurs - http://www.photonoxx.fr