[Digikam-users] Colours, digikam and firefox

Micha? Smoczyk admin at nocnyrzepin.net
Mon Nov 23 13:24:12 GMT 2009

Alastair Burt pisze:

> I am perplexed as to why photos have different colours in digikam and
> firefox. Currently, my suspicion lies with the handling of colour
> management. Getting the image magick display program to output info on
> the files, I see one difference between the original and the "saved as"
> JPEG version is that the saved version has "Profile-icc sRGB". Is this
> being handled differently in GTK-based programs? And is there a way for
> me to be more sure that what I see in digikam bears some resemblance to
> what it will look like in people's browsers?

Hmm, since 3.5 version (if I am right) Firefox browser carry about
color profiles. See for example:
http://hacks.mozilla.org/2009/06/color-correction/

I think it may be caused by this feature. Try to change firefox
settings connected with icc (about:config).

> I have just experienced this phenomenon with the following two JPEG
> files on kubuntu jaunty with digikam 0.10.0 and firefox 3.5.5, but I
> have seen the same with other photos and other versions of kubuntu,
> digikam and firefox.

For me the same: in firefox 3.5.5 your images look different.

--
/\/\ichau, admin [malpka] nocnyrzepin [kropa] net
http://www.nocnyrzepin.net