[Digikam-users] New issue with NEF metadata edit and CaptureNX

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Sun Nov 22 16:54:27 GMT 2009

What I don't understand is we have mostly the same component version...
Libexiv 0.18.2, digikam 1.0.0-beta5, libkexiv2 0.6.0

But i have some matters. May be I have to use Digikam from SVN, but I
would hope, with ubuntu 9.10 I don't have to for writing Raw metadata...

For the makernote i don't know, may be it's because I try to Tag it with
ViewNX (hoping it cans restore it), but anyway it's not wanted by me.

I have try to look an other NEF example most recent for which i still have
the NEF out of the camera, and makernote seems the same. In exif, the bad
file have mainly two new and "big" entries, one named XML packet and an
other named IPTC/NAA. for other they're the same, with sometime differents
values.

So for the moment I dont know what to do...

May be I'm going to try to Build Digikam and Exiv2 from SVN, but it's not
what I prefer to do.

Thanks to you Sylvain