[Digikam-users] New issue with NEF metadata edit and CaptureNX

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Sat Nov 21 18:10:19 GMT 2009

I open the file #657 on dev.exiv2.org, i hope it can be solved in not too
much time.

Hopefully, i have a certain amount of my NEF which have backup from
original and I succeed to use exiftool (a great tool for me) to restore
openability with this command line :

exiftool -exif:all= -tagsfromfile original.nef -exif:all edited.nef

And this one to repair an entire directory :

exiftool -exif:all= -tagsfromfile SRCDIR/%f.nef -exif:all -ext nef DSTDIR

Where SRCDIR and DSTDIR have to be replaced by source and destination
directory path.

So it seems it's an exif matter.

But what I don't understand is why before I get Karmic Koala, metadata
work without this issue...

Nicolas