[Digikam-users] How to make a new top-level album?

jdd-gmane jdd at dodin.org
Tue Nov 17 12:18:34 GMT 2009

Le 17/11/2009 11:04, Chris G a écrit :

> I added a new collection and changed the database location as well,
> then shut down and restarted digikam.  It came up with *no* albums
> visible at all and with the top level (under My Albums) called
> 'digikam', I've never called anything digikam.

you have ti do this the other way round, first create the database,
then add the album

> I want an easy way to switch digikam from one collection to another
> such that when it's running you can't see *any part* of the other
> collections.

why is that so important at first, may be if you explain that we may
found a better solution

problem with multiple databases is that the indexes also change
(quality and tags, I don't think they can be stored in exifs - but I
didn't try)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net