[Digikam-users] How to make a new top-level album?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue Nov 17 10:04:34 GMT 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 11:00:56PM +0100, jdd-gmane wrote:
> Le 16/11/2009 21:43, Chris G a écrit :
>
> > Well what I want (not sure about the OP) is to be able to do what you
> > describe above but, when I open album1 I want album2 to be completely
> > invisible.  As it stands I'm presented with both album1 and album2
> > under "My Albums".
> >
> if you look at my mail, you will see that each database is alone, with
> the other album not visible
>
> you must change the database, not only the album
>
> like this:
>
> http://www.cijoint.fr/cjlink.php?file=cj200911/cijsxRtzOy.png

If I do that then *everything* disappears!

I added a new collection and changed the database location as well,
then shut down and restarted digikam.  It came up with *no* albums
visible at all and with the top level (under My Albums) called
'digikam', I've never called anything digikam.

Gong back to Collections in configuration doesn't offer me anything
else, for a naive user you have effectively lost everything.  To
restore things I had to enter the location of my 'old' database
manually.

I'll try and explain (yet again) what I, and I believe some other
people, want.

I want an easy way to switch digikam from one collection to another
such that when it's running you can't see *any part* of the other
collections.  The switch could be done by a command line parameter or
by a configuration setting.

At present the options in the Collections settings are just plain
confusing IMHO.

--
Chris Green