[Digikam-users] How to make a new top-level album?

Jim MacLeod catcott at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 16 13:32:01 GMT 2009

sean darcy wrote:

> digikam-1.0.0.-rc6. I have one album created: /opt/camera/summer-2009.
> Under that album I can access all sub-folders.
>
> Now I want to create a new folder : /opt/camera/fall-2009. I can create
> it as a sub-folder in summer-2009, but I can't create it as a top-level
> folder. When I highlight "My Albums" the option to create a new folder
> is grayed out.
>
> What am I missing?

Create a new directory eg /home/../album2.
Go to Settings/Configure/Collections, click on 'add collection' and select
/home/../album2.

Now when you start Digikam you can select which album you want, the other
will be 'hidden'. I think this may be as good as it gets. Anything beyond
this would require changing the config file.

> sean
HTH

Jim