[Digikam-users] How to make a new top-level album?

jdd-gmane jdd at dodin.org
Sat Nov 14 09:41:40 GMT 2009

Le 14/11/2009 09:57, Chris G a écrit :

> same level as /home/chris/pictures and be able to select *either*
> /home/chris/pictures or the new collection.  But it doesn't work.
>
> I'm pretty sure this is what the OP was complaining about, it simply
> doesn't work the way one expects (and hopes).

don't know exactly :-(

On the old (kde3) digikam I used two days ago, one could create as
many databases as one wanted, selecting the level.

I used this all the time because I have folders with same name inside
several collections and when exporting old digikam was grouping all
the folders together.

For example, I have a "numeric" collection with a 2009 album.
I also have a "scanned" collection with also a 2009 album.

in the export menu, digikam (or the kipi plugin) listed the two "2009"
on the same list, making it difficult to select the good one.

so I could choose "numeric" as root, build the database there and
exoprt "all" the folders without thinking

now, with new digikam, I can choose as collections both "numeric" and
"scanned" and open or close them at will in any digikam window.

This is better, because like this the tags are kept.
However there is no more "select all" button in this 0.10 version

there is neither "export as video" option

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org